Tuesday, September 30, 2008

PreK Eve

Jillian starts preschool tomorrow. I remember what the first day of school was always like for me - laying out the perfect outfit, having everything ready, lying awake for hours. I was always, always, always super-dee-duper excited. However, I didn't want my own anxieties to transfer to her, but I did ask several times the today if she was ready. The last time (and there is a reason it was the last) I asked, this conversation followed.

Me: Jilli, are you ready for school tomorrow?

J: I'm not going to school. I only want to go to PRRREEEEeee-school.

Me: It is PRRRREEEEeeee-school. (yes, I mocked her)

J: Well, I'm not going.

Me: Jilli, why do you not want to go to preschool?

J: Because, I just don't want to go.

Me: Jilli, you will have fun. You will make new friends. You will play new games and sing new songs.

J: So! (Holy wow, where did that attitude come from? Oh, yeah - me. Shucks!)

Me: I am sure you will change your mind in the morning when it is time to go.

J: We'll just see about that!!! (as she marched upstairs)

No comments: