It is supposed to rain tonight. Mark thought it was about time we (okay he) fixed the roof. We lost 8 shingles when Ike blew through almost two weeks ago. So my handy honey, you know the one that doesn't like heights, scaled to the third highest peak (it sounds more dramatic when I write it that way) of our roof and with a little shingle cement, a few roofing nails, and one mighty swing of a hammer - our roof is fixed. F-I-X-E-D. Fixed! I am so grateful I am married to such a wonderful man that isn't afraid of hard work and finds great pride in the care and upkeep of our home. And by the way, great job holding the ladder Grandpa. He couldn't have done it without you.
1 comment:
Isn't it crazy the effect Ike had on this whole area?! I'm amazed, really. I'm glad it was only a few shingles that were damaged for you guys ;D
Post a Comment