It has been said that 9/11 will be remembered in the same respect as the assaination of JFK, the day the Challenger exploded upon takeoff, and/or the bombing of the Murrah building in Oklahoma City. Everyone remembers where they were, what they were doing, and the emotion that resonated. So, here is my story...I had just moved to Ohio; only 10 days under my belt. My mom made the journey with me and stayed for those ten days to help unpack and get settled. She flew home on 9/10. Nine eleven was my first day on my own. I felt like only what I could imagine a deer caught in headlights might feel. I had been on my own before but the 900 mile distance between me and what I had always known as home made this feel like the first time. Brendan awoke at 9:00 on the dot. I made him a quick bowl of cereal, popped a bagel in the toaster, and attempted to find some cartoons. I wanted a shower and needed to find a job. The TV had only been on for seconds when the second plane crashed into the second tower. I remember Charles Gibson saying this can't be an accident. I was spellbound and all I could think was, "here I am embarking on this new journey, a time that was meant for happiness, yet the whole world is falling apart around me." What is your story? Click on the comment button below and let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment