Jillian started preschool today. Lets just say that I was really conflicted about this - for very selfish reasons I might add. She is still my baby. Will always be my baby girl. Even though she isn't the baby, in the sense of being my youngest child, each of my children are my babies.
And despite yesterday's conversation, she was super excited! She had this sense of self confidence that was palpable. She was so grown, big, big, BIG! The picture below is the only picture I could get of her on her first day because parents are not allowed in the classroom at drop off and pick up times to minimize separation anxiety. And, yes, it minimized my anxiety just as much as hers, if not more.
This morning while I was getting ready, she wanted to draw a picture for a new friend she would make at school today. She drew two mermaids and wrote "Hi, my name is Jillian." She gave the picture to the girl sitting next to her, Olivia.
No comments:
Post a Comment