Sunday, October 26, 2008

Like Pulling Teeth

The tooth that came out of Jillian's mouth today was "like pulling teeth!" I TELL YA! Literally and figuratively. I now know and truly understand the origin of this cliche because my, oh my...She wouldn't let anyone touch the tooth as it dangled from a single strand of gum. Once, she was convinced to part with her little ivory, I pulled quickly so she couldn't change her mind. Sadly, this one was a bleeder. More blood than I am comfortable seeing come from my own child. Jillian cried - a lot. For some reason this time she felt like she was losing a part of herself that she would never get back. So she mourned and grieved and fell out all over herself about a tooth. She asked if the Tooth Fairy could leave her tooth behind (I guess she thought she was going to construct a shrine for this little ole tooth of hers.) So she and Daddy wrote a note requesting that Jillian's tooth remain with her "for always." Then her tooth and note were placed her little bag. And, just like Jillian, she was fine. She got it all out and was ready for the tooth fairy to come because this time she was convinced that the tooth fairy was going to bring her a new Barbie.
~

"Bye little tooth. I will miss you."

No comments: