Today my very best friend Megan and her son Bailey came to visit. She and I have been friends for, like...evuh! She moved to Houston shortly before I moved to Ohio. So we no longer spend our lives attached at the hip or all of our waking hours on the phone to each other, but when we do see one another or talk, we pick right back up where we left off. We haven't lived near each other in 8 years (has it really been that long?), but we get together as often as possible normally meeting in Oklahoma. Our lives have taken different roads, to be sure. I am married with 3 children. She's a sales executive and single mom. She's got man drama. I've got poopy diaper drama. But it doesn't matter. When we get together, it's like nothing has changed at all. I talk about my stuff, she talks about hers, we reminisce about how we used to be and how much we've changed...and stayed the same. I feel so lucky to have a friend like that! I know someday, we'll be cackling old ladies, still shopping, eating and gossiping with the best of 'em!
~
No comments:
Post a Comment