This week has been all about opposites. Megan and Bailey went home yesterday. So hopefully a little calmness will find its way back into our lives. One day the weather was sunny and gorgeous and warm. The next it was raining and absolutely freezing. FREEZING, I tell ya! Which left Megan in an angst. She wanted more than anything for the weather to be cold and just plain dreary while she was here. For me it just emphasizes that I am not ready for winter, but that's Ohio for you! One week we were all healthy and happy-go-lucky. Fast forward to later in the week and we're all sick and miserable. Mark was gone most of last week. Working craaazzzy hours, and I thought summer, aka golfing weather, was over. But now, (thank goodness!!!) he's back and full of quality family time. And I'm thinking at some point, once upon a time, my house was clean. I may be imagining that. Something about that third child just makes all things only possible for about 5 minutes. And in the back of my head I am remembering how my mom told me having a third child is just another baked potato in the microwave. I would share my potato if only I could have a clean house. However, it's a disaster today. Perhaps I can muster some motivation and scrub a toilet or two. Too bad those scrubbing bubbles really don't do the scrubbing for you. Wish list: a maid. If only 4 times a year. Ya know to get those nooks and crannies I have been neglecting. Oh and to dust, I despise dusting! Something about all those knick knacks my mom had when I was a child. And what was my chore. The dusting. My mom says it was because I did it so well. Well, now - I can't stand it. Anyway, I am wasting precious time I could be cleaning. High-Ho! High-Ho!
Thursday, October 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment