Jillian had her first sleepover last night, and the girls had so much fun. The night before Jillian and I planned the events. She wanted a nail polishing, bracelet making, quesadilla eating, chiminea lighting, marshmallow roasting, boy teasing, movie watching, popcorn munching, pillow fighting night of magic. And boy was it ever. Ellie earned the "ice cream cone" prize for staying up the latest. No, we did not tell them there would be a prize for the night owl of the group -- She came downstairs at 11:30 while Mark was making himself a bowl of ice cream. She batted her eyes a few times and Mark's heart melted - thankfully the ice cream did not. I made her a bed on the sofa, snuggled her in, and then she crashed (hopefully not from the sugar overload.) This morning came early, and since the sleepover was just scheduled on Monday, everyone had places to be today. Ellie did not want to leave, and Jillian did not want her to go. I see the next Anne and Diana (...of Green Gables, that is.) Such sweet, kindred spirits - these girls are!Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Wanna Sleep Over?
Jillian had her first sleepover last night, and the girls had so much fun. The night before Jillian and I planned the events. She wanted a nail polishing, bracelet making, quesadilla eating, chiminea lighting, marshmallow roasting, boy teasing, movie watching, popcorn munching, pillow fighting night of magic. And boy was it ever. Ellie earned the "ice cream cone" prize for staying up the latest. No, we did not tell them there would be a prize for the night owl of the group -- She came downstairs at 11:30 while Mark was making himself a bowl of ice cream. She batted her eyes a few times and Mark's heart melted - thankfully the ice cream did not. I made her a bed on the sofa, snuggled her in, and then she crashed (hopefully not from the sugar overload.) This morning came early, and since the sleepover was just scheduled on Monday, everyone had places to be today. Ellie did not want to leave, and Jillian did not want her to go. I see the next Anne and Diana (...of Green Gables, that is.) Such sweet, kindred spirits - these girls are!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment