Friday, July 25, 2008

Say Cheeseburger

Today, we joined Jennifer, Josh, and Alyssa; Veda, Jody, and McKenna; Grandma and Grandpa; and Jeff, Pam, and Heather at Target for a little cheek stretchin', smile givin', picture takin' fun. The goal: a picture of all the great-grandchildren on Mark's side of the family for Great Grandma Betty in Florida. We arrived a little early, so the photographer warmed up with a few shots and poses of Brendan, Jillian, and Karigan by themselves. And since I am a big, big, HUGE slacker and have yet to have all 3 of the kids professionally photographed together, I was grateful for her suggestion and enthusiasm (but now I have the picture bug and want more, more, more.) There are a few picture-haters in the group, namely Jillian. Until recently, she refused to have her picture taken and when anyone was able to snap one she would act as if the flash stole her soul, hence the reluctance to have family pictures taken. So...to ease the anxiety of the 6 kids under the age of 10 and the adults pining for the perfect picture all crammed in to a room the size of a closet, I opted for a little distraction, namely balloons, balloons, and more balloons. It was great. Everyone had a good time laughing, playing, posing, and - da ta da da - smiling. Results seen below...

No comments: