Sunday, July 27, 2008

Mini Cheeseburgers...

...or are they?

Our family project today was to make cupcakes to take to Matt and Jennifer's house for a good ole BBQ with all the family before the Florida family leaves tomorrow. So we decided to make mini cheeseburger cupcakes. I baked the cupcakes, sliced the "buns," and separated the "patties." Brendan put on a zigzag of red icing for the ketchup, a slice of chocolate cupcake for the hamburger patty, and then a swirl of yellow icing for mustard. Jillian added the lettuce - 1/2 tablespoon of sweetened coconut tinted with green food coloring. Then I frosted a white ring of icing for an onion, a red dollop of icing for a tomato, and then placed the bun on top. As we were working we decided next time we will add green melting chocolates for pickles and ivory sprinkles for sesame seeds. We could also use the metal-pushy-down-thingy-cutting-tool (I am sure it has a name, I just don't know what it is) that you use to cut a potato into strips and cut french vanilla ice cream to look like french fries. How clever!?

No comments: