Friday, June 20, 2008

Wanderlust

I just have to take a moment to profess my love for the new Gavin Rossdale (the front man of Bush) album Wanderlust. Oh mercy, mercy me, it is absolutely wonderful. I haven't been in love with an album for a while - it's such a nice feeling and at such an appropriate time in my life. The first concert I ever went to was a Bush concert with the Goo Goo Dolls and No Doubt. So I thought I would give his solo album a try. The title Wanderlust also intrigued me. It is a term used to describe some strong desire to walk, either literally or metaphysically, but can also be characterized by a homesickness. The emotion can be understood at a deeper level of the human condition as a search for a new way of thinking or perspective on life. It is a full circle journey, ending at the starting point, but gaining ground (knowledge, growth, etc.) along the way. In short, wanderlust is a trip, or a need to understand one's very existence, that starts with the first step of a long journey. And boy, turning 30 or rather leaving my 20s, kind of put things into perspective. Anyway, if you haven't picked it up, I suggest you do so right away! Or, at least check it out on iTunes. PS: It's on sale for $10 bucks at Target this week.

No comments: