"There Will Always Be Other Sweaters" - by Jenny BowersI SO love that! While it is important to take certain decisions seriously and consider them prayerfully (not the sweater thing, obviously), it's also important to remember that this life is all about trial and error. It's okay to take some chances, see what happens and go from there. We're not expected to make all the right choices the first time around. I want to be more that way. More open to new experiences. More willing to try something different. If it doesn't work out, so what? It's not the last decision I'll ever make! It's not like I can't go back and try something else. Because, as the author said, there will always be another chance to get it right."Mildly frustrated and bemused by my indecision in choosing a new sweater on a shopping trip, my mother coined the phrase 'It's not the last sweater you're ever going to buy.' This deceptively simple maxim has entered common parlance between me and my friends whenever we need a way of cajoling one another into taking leap instead of dwelling. We have realized that if you make a mistake, there will always be another chance to get it right."
Thursday, June 5, 2008
Decisions, Decisions
This month's Real Simple featured a "things my mother taught me" section, something that's always fun to read. It would be hard for me to pick just one thing to illustrate all that my Mama has taught me - I've learned so much from her! Anyway, I particularly loved this answer:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment