Okay, so maybe this post should be titled The Ultimate Tear Fest because that is all I do when I watch the Olympics - cry, cry, cry. Like. A. Baby. Even as a young girl, I remember crying as Mary Lou Retton scored a perfect 10 on the vault and crying as Jackie Joyner Kersee repeatedly broke world track records. This year, the floodgates have yet to close as there have been so many proud moments for our country, the Olympians, and their families. Why the tears? Every time I hear our national anthem and see the victorious smiles on the athletes face, I feel their pride, I sense their accomplishment, and I can't help but think that each person is there because somebody believed in them -- somebody saw in them what he or she didn't even see in themselves. And that is sooo powerful to me. So, the tears come, and I can't stop them. There is no point in trying to hide them, so the tears come.
No comments:
Post a Comment