While I was never one to put up with crap, having children has made me an even stronger, braver woman. Because I don't want my kids to put up with crap. I want them to be strong. I will fight on their behalf. Because I want them to be fighters. Because while I might be willing to put up with injustice on my own behalf, I never want my kids to suffer any injustice. I want my kids to be brave. To never be satisfied with something that is less than they deserve. That's what our kids do for all of us. They make us strong. Maybe because they don't necessarily have a voice of their own - we will stand up and be that voice, where we once might have stood by silently. In the world we live in today, we need strong willed kids. Hopefully, my kids will use those strong wills to fight for the good and right things in life. But they will not learn to be strong and good if we don't teach them to be. They will not be brave if we're not brave. So I guess that's the way it works. Our kids make us strong so we can teach them to be strong. I've said it before and I'm sure I'll say it again. Having kids is quite an inspiring experience...I'm still learning a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment