So as a last minute hurrah before school starts, Mark and I decided to finally take the kids on that Cincinnati trip we have been talking about ALL summer. We are hoping to squeeze in as much as we can in a very little window of time on a very, very tight budget. So, I had been searching all day for a good rate at a decent hotel that was close to where we wanted to be. No luck. Later, Mark called his mom to see if she knew of any steals, and she recommended priceline.com. They now offer a "name your own price" on hotels. So, if you are familiar with priceline for airline tickets you know that you name the price and once your bid is accepted they tell you the name of the airline you will be flying on and the time of your flight. With the hotel option, you pick your star rating and name your price. Once your bid is accepted, they tell you the name of your hotel. I figured with a little strategy, we could get a nice room at a great price, and hopefully we wouldn't be stuck with one that we would have to sleep with our clothes on or wear our shoes in the shower. So we picked out a 3 star hotel and bid $50 - hey there is no harm in aiming low. Surprising, they came back and said "increase your bid by $14 to win." Thank you priceline - $64 a night for a heavenly room at the Kingsgate Marriott. I will definitely be using priceline again for every hotel stay.Saturday, August 16, 2008
Gotta Love a Deal
So as a last minute hurrah before school starts, Mark and I decided to finally take the kids on that Cincinnati trip we have been talking about ALL summer. We are hoping to squeeze in as much as we can in a very little window of time on a very, very tight budget. So, I had been searching all day for a good rate at a decent hotel that was close to where we wanted to be. No luck. Later, Mark called his mom to see if she knew of any steals, and she recommended priceline.com. They now offer a "name your own price" on hotels. So, if you are familiar with priceline for airline tickets you know that you name the price and once your bid is accepted they tell you the name of the airline you will be flying on and the time of your flight. With the hotel option, you pick your star rating and name your price. Once your bid is accepted, they tell you the name of your hotel. I figured with a little strategy, we could get a nice room at a great price, and hopefully we wouldn't be stuck with one that we would have to sleep with our clothes on or wear our shoes in the shower. So we picked out a 3 star hotel and bid $50 - hey there is no harm in aiming low. Surprising, they came back and said "increase your bid by $14 to win." Thank you priceline - $64 a night for a heavenly room at the Kingsgate Marriott. I will definitely be using priceline again for every hotel stay.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jennifer,
I don't even know where to begin. I cannot ever thank you enough for leaving a comment on my blog. It was like receiving a message from an angel. You are right - knowing that you are not alone is half the battle! I've skimmed through your blog a little bit and I have to tell you that you have some gorgeous kiddos! I'd like to spend more time reading your entries so I am putting you in my favorites. Is it okay to add you to my blog roll?
Thank you again!
Jennifer
Post a Comment