The other day Jillian asked me if she could get her hair cut. I shrugged her request off because she has never had her hair cut before and when I always mentioned it, she would cry and say no it will hurt. What child likes to be "cut" anywhere? So now we use the word trim. But this time she wanted her hair cut, and not just a little bit. The next day she asked again. Meme and Poppy were in town and I didn't want to be the bad guy by saying no. So, the most honorable thing to do was to pass the buck. I told Jillian she would have to ask Daddy. She insisted on calling him right then and there. I just knew Mark would veto the idea right away. To my ultimate surprise, he said "sure Jillie, I think it would be great if you got your hair cut." So on to Cookie Cutters we went. She donated her hair to Locks of Love and took great pride in knowing that another little girl somewhere will wear her hair. When her hair was styled and ready to go, she asked "Mommy are you disappointed?" UGH! Fighting back the emotion, I then explained that Mommy isn't disappointed, I will just miss your curls. She proudly declared that her curls will grow back and then she can give another little girl her hair.
No comments:
Post a Comment